Pioneer is set to launch the Digital DJ-SX-N (model name: DDJ-SX-N), a gold model of Digital DJ-SX (model name: DDJ-SX), DJ controller for “Serato DJ” (co-developed with Serato Inc. and launched in November 2012), which features a dazzling gold color scheme together with a classy aluminum top panel and large JOG dials, and will be available in a limited run of 3,000 units worldwide.
The “DDJ-SX” controller is able to operate the diverse range of functions featured in the “Serato DJ” software, and has received rave reviews from many DJs for the user-friendly layout of its controls as well as its large JOG dials and PADs for DJ performances with dynamic actions.
In addition to the line-up of black and white models , Pioneer has now added a gold model that will shine at event venues and elsewhere, while giving customers the choice to suit their taste and DJ environment.
1.Gold color shines at event venues and elsewhere
The “DDJ-SX-N” features a classy aluminum top panel together with a dazzling gold color scheme on its large JOG dials and PLAY/CUE buttons, resulting in a design that will shine at event venues and elsewhere. The design is further sharpened with black edges on the buttons, knobs and front panel.
2.Layout of controller parts ideal for free control of the diverse functions of “Serato DJ”
The “DDJ-SX-N” features a user-friendly layout of controller parts enabling free control of diverse functions of the “Serato DJ” software, including its “4-deck” and “Sampler” functions, “DUAL DECK CONTROL”, “SLIP MODE” and “iZotope effects”. DJ performances can immediately be enjoyed simply by connecting the device to a PC, as all of its buttons and knobs are synchronized with the “Serato DJ” software.
- •“PERFORMANCE PADS” that can arrange tracks by delivering a dynamic DJ performance
Large, rubber “PERFORMANCE PADS” on the front of the DDJ-SX are assigned to four functions: hot cue, roll, slicer, and sampler. Tracks can be arranged with a dynamic performance such as tapping and drum rolls, and the volume can be adjusted depending on how strong the pad is tapped. Each Pad has blue illumination built in for the DJ to immediately see the CUE and effect status.
- •“BIG JOG” to perform scratching exactly as you intend to
The DDJ-SX has the industry’s shortest control latency, which is the time between touching the jog and sending the signal to the software. The resistance of the knob has been fine-tuned so that “BIG JOG” can be controlled exactly as you intend to. The DDJ-SX also features an “ON JOG DISPLAY” at the center of the jog showing the playback status and position of the current track. This gives the DJ a greater degree of accuracy when scratching tracks.
- “4-CHANNEL MIXER” to achieve your original performance by mixing multiple tracks
The DDJ-SX comes with a “4-CHANNEL MIXER” that allows each track played from four decks to be controlled individually. These four tracks can be mixed in a variety of ways for more unique DJing. The mixer can be used with the external input terminal for use as a standalone DJ mixer.
3.A wide range of input and output terminals to provide connectivity to various external sources
The DDJ-SX comes with four individual input terminals that can be connected to external devices such as CD players or analog turn tables. Two individual microphone input terminals, two master output terminals (XLR terminal x 1, RCA terminal x 1), and one booth out terminal provide the DDJ-SX with connectivity in countless scenarios.
4.High audio quality engineering that reproduces original tracks accurately and clearly
A low-jitter clock and high-performance DAC have been used to maximize the potential of Pioneer’s proprietary audio technology developed with professional DJ equipment for DJ sound that reproduces original tracks accurately and clearly.
- • Built-in sound card
- • Comes equipped with “NEEDLE SEARCH” that provides intuitive control by simply touching the controller for quick searches
- • Push-button type knobs (front panel knobs only) designed with portability in mind
- • Adjustable cross-fader curve to suit any type of sound
- • Comes with the “CH FADER START” function that uses channel fader control to play/cue tracks being played on the deck
- • Space of each side of the DDJ-SX more convenient for installation
|Input terminals||CD x 2 (RCA), combined LINE/PHONO x 2 (RCA)
MIC x 2 (XLR&1/4 inch combined PHONE x 1, 1/4 inch PHONE x 1)
|Output terminal||MASTER OUT x 2 (RCA x 1, XLR x 1)
BOOTH OUT x 1 (1/4 inch PHONE)
HEADPHONE MONITOR OUT x 2 (front 1/4 inch PHONE, MiniPin)
|Other terminals||USB B terminal x 1|
|Frequency range||20 Hz to 20 kHz|
|Total harmonic distortion||0.003% or less|
|S/N ratio||105 dB(PC)|
|Supplied AC adapter||Power source AC 100-240 V 50/60 Hz, rated output DC5 V|
|External dimensions||664 mm (W) x 357 mm (D) x 70.4 mm (H)|
Serato DJ System Requirements
|Applicable OS (Windows)||Windows® 7
32-bit: (CPU) 2.0 GHz Core 2 Duo, (Memory) 2GB
64-bit: (CPU) 2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo, (Memory) 4GB
|Applicable OS (Mac)||Mac OS X v10.8/10.7/10.6
32-bit: (CPU) 2.0 GHz Core 2 Duo, (Memory) 1GB
64-bit: (CPU) 2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo, (Memory) 4GB
|Display resolution||1,280 x 720 or higher resolution|
- * Serato DJ is a registered trademark of Serato.
- * iZotope, Powered by iZotope is a trademark or US registered trademark of iZotope, Inc. in the United States and other countries.
- * Windows® is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries.
- * Mac OS is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
- * Other names of products, companies, and organizations herein are the trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.