Nine Volt Audio releases Metal Guitar: Riffs & Rhythms in REX2, Stylus RMX, Kontakt, ACID and Apple Loop formats
Nine Volt Audio has released Metal Guitar: Riffs & Rhythms in REX2, Stylus RMX, Kontakt, ACID and Apple Loop formats. Here’s what they have to say about it…
From bold and belligerent drop-tuned rhythms to rapid-fire upper register riffs, Metal Guitar is an intense and ultra flexible collection appropriate for any producer’s six-string toolbox.
Designed to bridge the gap between the compositional flexibility of a sampled instrument and the inspiration found when using loops, Metal Guitar takes a brute force approach by offering 293 unique patterns recorded at 15 chromatic intervals for a total of 4395 loops. This approach brings performance variation, compositional immediacy and added realism since the need to rely on pitch-shifting is virtually non-existent.
And as part of Nine Volt Audio’s BPM Flex Series™, every loop in Metal Guitar can be used at virtually any tempo with no artificial stretching. Apple Loop and Acid Wav users will find a special utility that allows the extraction of any loop, suite or the entire collection at any tempo, down to 85 BPM. Need the entire Metal Guitar library at tempos 110, 135, 152 and 170? No problem!
With all parts double-tracked, guitars tuned to low C and MIDI bassline files for every pattern, Metal Guitar is a one-stop-shop for heavy rhythms and blazing riffs.
- Metal Guitar is available in an Amped & Distorted Edition or a Clean & Direct Edition (to be used with amp simulators).
- Metal Guitar presents 4395 loops and 203 one shots covering muted strums, slides, pick slides, harmonics, string rakes and chromatic articulations including: sustained notes, sustained power chords, palm muted notes and palm muted power chords. Total uncompressed file size is over 7 GB.
- Using Metal Guitar within Stylus RMX requires the user to drag-and-drop only one folder into RMX’s included S.A.G.E. Converter.
- Any of the REX2-based loops (used in Stylus RMX, Reason, and most major sequencers like Cubase, Live, Sonar, Digital Performer, ProTools, Logic) can be used at tempos as slow as 85 BPM.
- Metal Guitar includes a specially designed program called „Rextractor“ that allows users to convert any of the REX files to Acid Wav or Apple Loops at any tempo down to 85 BPM. Click HERE to watch the Rextractor informational video.
- Three hundred and thirty patches for Kontakt are supplied. Patches are grouped into three categories: single pattern patches (293), key-switchable pattern patches (30) and one shot patches (7). The Kontakt patches/multis utilize the REX2 format (compatible with full versions of Kontakt 3.5 and up. Not compatible with Kontakt Player).
- MIDI files for each pattern (293) are included to allow duplication of every part with electric bass, synth or any other instrument.
- Loops are categorized into three broad groups:
- Rhythms feature groups of loops at 15 chromatic intervals beginning at the „dropped-C“ position. These passages use only the notes found within their loop interval (example: a loop labeled „D“ will only contain D notes and power chords).
- LoRiff groups feature loops at 15 chromatic intervals also beginning at the „dropped-C“ position. These loops use a range of notes and power chords within their interval resulting in passages that are both rhythmic and melodic.
- HiRiff groups feature loops at 15 chromatic intervals beginning at „C“, two octaves above the „dropped-C“ position. These loops mostly feature single note picked lines resulting in passages that are both rhythmic and melodic.
- All loops are stereo in 24-bit/44.1kHz resolution.
Pricing and Availability:
Metal Guitar is available in an Amped & Distorted Edition or a Clean & Direct Edition for $109.99 each. Purchase both as a double DVD Combo set for $144.98 and save $75.