Way Out Ware are the folks that brought us the TimeWarp 2600, a virtual Arp 2600 and kickAxxe which by all accounts were quite the thing.
This time at NAMM, developer Jim Heinz, was toting his latest app in the form of iSample, an iPhone app with some serious sampling and sequencing capabilities.
- 6 separate sampler engines that can record and playback and loop samples up to 30 seconds in length.
- WiFi Sharing that allow you to upload and download samples using a clean and powerful web browser based interface.
- Easily accessible tempo management with a Tap feature.
- Sample trimming with pinch to zoom, two finger scrolling and scrubbing.
- Tempo based sample length quantization.
- Graphical Looper screen that allow you to position samples dynamically while looping.
- 6-channel Mixer.
- Delay and Reverb effects.
- Pattern sequencer with 12 stored patterns.
- Song mode that allows you to chain patterns together to create songs.
- Ergonomically designed for the iPhone or iPod touch screen.
- Even large fingers can play easily.
- Unique multi-touch recording makes for very fast and accurate mutiple sample captures and accurate slicing of sounds.
- Record lock feature allows you to create longer recordings without touching the pads.
- 6 sample pads with direct to file recording.
- Very fast response to pad touches.
- Up to 6 samples can be played at the same time.
- Banks of pads can be saved and loaded.